|one | two | three|
- Alien hand syndrome is caused by a neurological problem that makes a person's hand to move without them realizing it. It is sometimes caused by a stroke or when the two hemispheres of the brain are separated (like to treat epilepsy). Here's a video about it (although this one is a bit cheesy).
- How fashion made vaccinations oh so posh (found via Jessica's weekend guide, one of my favorite weekend reads!)
- Graft versus host disease happens when a person gets a bone marrow transplant - basically, the donor's immune system (which is normally IN the bone marrow) takes over the recipient patient's non-existent immune system, and then starts attacking the recipient's body. It sounds absolutely horrific.
- If you've been looking for a Transport Tote dupe, this reversible one just came out. I waaaaaaaant the black/red version so bad. SO BAD.
- Knowing I'm moving into a new place in 4 months has me all itchy to get house things. I'm 100% positive a gold foil pillow will be incorporated somehow. Does this (red) couch say "almost 30 and therefore an adult with real furniture" or "forever student with too much badger pride"? ;)
- I wish this pretty pleated dress came in a different color so I could wear it to the wedding I'm going to in May (2 days after we take the boards. Open bar, ohhhhhh yeah).
on the internet
- Are you a Valentine's Day kinda gal? I love Shanna's take on the pink + red!
- Copyright laws - please don't get sued!
- Do your purchases spark joy? Loved reading Jessica's thoughts on what guides her purchases. It actually inspired me to keep the midi skirt because I've had so much fun twirling in it.
- J.Crew: 25% off closet MVPs
- My favorite schoolboy blazer (in both navy and black!) is currently on sale too, so it's just over $100!
- J.Crew Factory: 30% off new arrivals
- I love the idea of a cheerful scalloped dress
- Banana Republic: 40% off full price items
- How about trying grey jeans? They won't annoyingly fade like black jeans do!
- on instagram: I finally replaced my old beat up tennis shoes with a bright pink pair. The old pair had gone through 2 seasons of marching band, half marathon training, and several years of gym wear. It was time!
- on the blog: why you won't be seeing a capsule wardrobe in these parts
- on twitter: procrastination selfies
- Tomorrow marks the end of heme-onc, and the start of endocrine. I actually really enjoyed this system! Blood and the immune system is something that always seems a bit abstract to me, and this really cleared a lot of confusion up. Endocrine should be a bit difficult, but I feel it's another system that is going to tie a lot of previous information together.
- My girlfriend Caitlin and I now have set times for going to the gym, and we've really been sticking to it! I went to the gym 4 of the last 8 days - we aren't going hardcore or anything, but 30 minutes of cardio + some weights gets us moving, lets us have some non-quiet non-study time together, and I kind of missed that sore feeling.
- A happy belated birthday to my baby sister, Karoline! I remember the day you were born - it's crazy you are in college now!