|I love a good shirt dress [one | two | three]|
- "Popeye sign" is a term used to describe what a biceps tendon rupture looks like. I saw one this week, and it really does look like Popeye's arm!
- An "en caul" birth is when a baby is born still in its amniotic sac. I saw this video posted (from Glamour, of all places), and found it fascinating!
- Ankylosing spondylitis is a disease that causes the fusion of the spine and sacroiliac joints. It has the nickname of "bamboo spine" because of how it looks on x-ray and because of how stiff the spine becomes.
on the internet
- Audrey breaks down how to build a business casual wardrobe - a must read for anyone who is trying to figure out what they need if that is their dress code!
- I love AMA posts - Adina's has so many good tidbits in there!
- Amanda shares the three things you should ask yourself before buying something for your home. Since we will be moving in May/June, we (okay, ME) are trying not to buy any house things as we don't know what kind of space we will be in next, but these will be questions I will definitely be asking myself come next spring!
- Has anyone tried Lush's short sleeved blouses? They come in a ton of colors (of course I love the white and blush version) and look so comfortable!
- I love Ann Taylor's new marled jacket - very Chanel, no?
- Nude shoes can sometimes be a bit boring, but this strapy version from Daya is so fun and would go with everything.
ask me anything
- I was wondering what necklace you seem to be wearing in all your posts. The one I am referring to consists of a chain with a single gem. I love the simple, classic design and would be really interested in purchasing (or suggesting to my significant other) the same one or a similar version!
- My diamond necklace was a gift from my parents for my 18th birthday, and I've been wearing it almost nonstop since then. The diamond is actually a family heirloom, but the style is pretty common - it's called a floating diamond. You can get that style at a jewelry store if you want a real diamond, or if you want to try out the style first, I found a very similar style on Etsy as well.
- Did you watch the Steve Avery documentary? How did it make you feel about how Wisconsin was portrayed?
- We did watch it. I didn't really love the first episode, but once you got past the Wisconsin stereotypes, it was a compelling show for sure. I grew up on the other side of the state and was in middle school/early high school when the cases were happening, so I don't remember them actually happening. I guess I never really thought about how the show reflected on the entire state of Wisconsin, rather than a crooked police system in one part of the state. I guess maybe we should clarify that not at all our accents are that bad either ;)
- I was curious when and how you take pictures with your busy schedule? For example - do you take them before you leave for clinical or after clinical? Do you take a bunch of pics with outfit changes on one day and then spread out the posts? Does CR take your pics or do you use a tripod?
- When I take pictures, which how often that happens is highly dependent on what rotation I am on, happens before work. I can only take pictures if I don't have to be at work until 8:30 or 9, since I need to wait for the sun to be up, and I have to drive 30-40 minutes before getting to work, which is not in a photogenic area. Now that CR and I have separate schedules, I am back to taking most of my own work outfit pictures. I use this tripod and this remote - both are key! For my casual outfits, CR takes most of them. I wish he could take all of them, as the pictures always turn out better, and it's so much easier!
- on the blog: Loft does it again...and again...and again.
- on the instagram: stepping back into the white coat...10 months until it gets burned!
- on the twitter: I can't wait until Tuesday - this will be my first time watching. Also, not excited about Monday night - I don't want either to win!
- J.Crew: 50% off final sale items
- Their #2 pencil skirts are some of my favorites, and now their cotton version is on super sale (like under $35 on sale!). I'm so disappointed the emerald color is sold out in my size or else I would have already ordered it.
- Also one of my favorites includes their blazers, and now you can get their classic navy blazer in a summer appropriate linen.
- The back straps of their flowy cotton dress make the dress extra special.
- Loft: 40% off tops and sweaters
- I'm so glad they restocked their tunic sweater - I missed out on it the first time so definitely ordering a version now (I love that it has a v neck!) Cream or red?!
- This lace mockneck blouse is so unlike anything Loft really has made or anything I've ever worn, but I'm so tempted. How fun would it be with some slim black pants and cute pumps?
- My tunic tee (seen here) is included in the sale too!
- I saw these block heels in real life a few weeks ago, and if I wore heels more often, I would have immediately purchased them. They are so cute!
- The rich gem colors of these Lush blouses are so pretty - I love that red color!
- Eliza J always makes the best dresses, and her ombre polka dot dress is no exception.
- We got our board scores this week and want to know something disgusting? CR and I got the exact same score. Besides that, we are very happy about how this round of testing worked out for us.
- This weekend, we spent the weekend up in Allegheny State Park camping with CR's family. Besides the four hours of heavy rain on Saturday morning, we had such a great time! It was nice to just be outside, away from technology (my phone had absolutely no service), and cooking over a fire. The dogs had a blast too!
- I finished my first week of family medicine this week. After months and months on the ObGyn service, it's been nice to have a change of pace and learn about different sides of medicine again. I saw some pretty interesting cases this week!