|LBD for every season [one | two | three]|
- I saw my first Interstim placement surgery this week. Interstim is a small device that is implanted in the buttocks that stimulates the sacral nerves to help with bladder control. The majority of the surgery is spent checking reflexes to make sure the implants are in the right position. It's such a clever procedure!
- A few weeks ago I mentioned an antibiotic that turns urine orange, and this week I saw a patient whose urine turned a dark dark brown from using Flagyl.
- Nocturnal enuresis: a fancy word to describe bed wetting (sometimes I wonder why we have to have medical terms for literally everything)
on the internet
- I haven't had to dress up for work since April, which is mostly nice (#scrublife) but I'm starting to look forward to dressing up again once my next rotation starts. I just ordered this pretty patterned skirt from Loft, so fingers crossed it fits! We all know I have enough white tops to go with it! ;)
- While it's way way wayyyy out of my budget, I'm obsessed with Tory Burch's newest tote. Isn't it beautiful?!
- The former dancer in me loves this side tie cardigan - I love the grey version! Now if only it stopped being 90 degrees around here!
ask me anything
- I love how much you love the 4th of July. I'm curious. Do you think you'll ever take the plunge and become a U.S citizen?
- I'm actually asked this question alllll the time! I don't think I will, to be honest. It took a really long time and a lot of money for my family to get our greencards, so I don't really want to go through the hassle of gaining citizenship for not that many perks that I don't already have as a permanent resident. Germany also doesn't allow dual citizenship, so I'd have to give that (and my EU passport) up! And just on a personal level, I don't want to do have to renounce my German status ;)
- I have an engagement shoot coming up and I was wondering if you had any suggestions for a cute casual dress to wear.
- Congrats! My personal philosophy is that you should use your engagement as a time to wear as many white dresses as possible ;) My favorite is this lace shift from Ann Taylor - it's casual but still very bridal (plus I love the sleeves!). If you guys are doing a "business casual" kind of shoot (like with him wearing dress pants and a tie), this shirt dress from Eliza J could be a cute option too (or if you have a bit of cash to spend, DVF has the cutest options). If you don't want to do a white dress, I kind of love this simple floral dress from Banana Republic - so pretty, right? Send me pictures once you figure it out either way - I love engagement pictures :)
- I was just prescribed retin A micro 0.08, but I cannot afford the amount that is being charged. Is there any place I can purchase it at a cheaper price?
- I have two suggestions. First, you can use the Good Rx app to see if any pharmacies around you are selling the cream for less, and then you ask your doctor to send your perscription to that pharmacy. Second, Retin A Micro is a brand prescription that has a generic form as a tretinoin cream, so that is another possibility.
- Anthropologie: extra 30% off sale items
- I still can't get over how freaking adorable this bow backed dress is. If only I had somewhere to wear it! (plus it's now 1/3 of the original price PLUS 30% off!).
- If I had any plans at all to go on a warm vacation soon, I'd be all about this pretty midi dress. Don't you love the side detail?!
- I still haven't found a peplum top that works on me, but I'm tempted to try their striped version (hello, real short sleeves and stripes? Obviously I'm sold).
- J.Crew: extra 40-60% off sale itesm
- While I'm not sure they are the most practical, these tortoise sandals are definitely the coolest.
- I'm still on the hunt for the perfect striped short sleeved black and white dress, and with the good reviews on this version, I may just have to try it!
- If I didn't have to wear a white coat every day, I would 100% buy this gingham blazer. 100%.
- Madewell: 30% off select summer item
- Their striped shirt dress may be the only dress you need for the rest of the summer. It looks so comfy!
- I'm really toying with the idea of getting their short sleeved chambray shirt. It's the ultimate summer top that would go with everything.
- Flares are still going to be a big thing this fall, so you may as well get the trend on sale!
- PS: Shopbop's newest sale includes some adorable pieces from my favorite brand, Michael Kors's satchels (so great for work!), and Sam Edelman shoes (I'm debating purchasing the scalloped flats).
- It was kind of a strange week at work for me this week. I was on night float Tuesday and Wednesday. I always find being on night float for just a few days difficult, just because you don't have the time to really adjust to the schedule of being up for 14 hours when you want to be sleeping. Then on Friday I got a taste of the gyn surgery service, which I have a full week of this week. I'm excited to see some surgeries, but my poor feet are already complaining.
- We saw our third (and last) Dave Matthews show last night and it was the best one I've been to yet. We were in the pit, so like 15 feet away from Dave, and they played so many great songs. I'm already looking forward to their next tour!
- Keeping it short today because we are off to brunch! Can't wait to have that avocado toast ;)