|seems there's a pattern when it comes to this skirt|
- As I said in my day in the life post, I got to play with some gallstones during a few cholecystectomies last week. Gallbladders have to be removed for several reasons, but the most common cause is usually gallstones. There are two types of stones - cholesterol and pigment stones. The cholesterol stones are usually yellow, and are due to too much cholesterol in the bile. Pigment stones usually have an underlying medical cause, such as a liver or blood disease.
- Giant cell arteritis is my favorite type of arteritis (doesn't everyone have a favorite type of arteritis?). It typically appears in older adults, and presents with a headache. If not diagnosed early enough, it can lead to permanent blindness. To diagnose it, a biopsy has to be taken - we saw one earlier this week. A cut is made along the temple, and about 2 cm of temporal artery are dissected away and biopsied. The treatment is just steroids though, so treatment isn't as invasive as the diagnosis is!
- A doctor who purposely misdiagnosed patients with cancer to earn money off of the chemo treatments is now going to prison for 45 years. Some of the patients were overtreated my the toxic chemotherapy drugs, while others were treated while not even having cancer. The physical side effects of chemotherapy, and the physiological effects of dealing with cancer are horrific, and I can't even imagine the greed of wanting more money to put other humans through such pain.
on the internet
- Doesn't some cilantro lime quinoa sound so refreshing right now? I can't wait to try this recipe next weekend!
- An interesting look into what it's like to work with sponsors, and having to explain "what do you do for a living?" as a blogger.
- I'm starting to think about what I'm going to pack for my trip in September, so I loved seeing Jess's vacation capsule wardrobe. I mayyyyyy just copy a few of those outfits!
- The cooler weather this week has made so excited about fall (I know, I know, but I hate summer clothes!). These Frye boots are seriously gorgeous and are so tempting right now, although the temps are creeping up again :/
- Not only is the print on this dress stunning, but I love that the back has a tiny little sexy cut-out that still lets you wear a normal bra (I know I'm not the only one who cares about that!).
- I think Forever 21 has some of the best cheap jewelry around. I can't get enough of longer pendants right now - isn't this one such a great simple addition?
- on the blog: answering questions some of you had about my personal life - boyfriends, diets, family life, and so on!
- on the instagram: working on putting together a few gallery walls, including this appropriate print ;)
- on the twitter: thoughts on people putting tongues down each others throats...
- Banana Republic: 50% off sale items
- Polka dot shorts!!! Ordering immediately.
- J.Crew: 40-60% off final sale items
- How fun is this jacquard skirt? It's so pretty!
- Nordstrom's Anniversary sale
- We spent the weekend with CR's family as his uncle got married. It was a beautiful backyard ceremony and reception and we had so much fun! I love having most weekends off currently, and getting to explore a bit more.
- Although our carpet still hasn't been replaced, I'm sick of having a half furnished house, so we are moving a few more pieces of furniture in this week! I'm excited to finally have a couch to sit on to watch the TV we haven't used!
- My schedule gets slightly better the next two weeks since my drive will now only be 30 minutes instead of an hour. It doesn't seem like a lot, but the difference between 3:30 AM and 4 AM seems like huge difference ;)