|one of the more fun items in my closet|
- I found this article about pathologists fascinating. Pathology is still something I'm considering going in to (as well as EM, OB, peds, and just about everything else...), so it's interesting seeing one small part of it.
- Moyamoya disease is a congenital disorder that causes a blockage of the vessels in the brain that can lead to recurrent "mini-strokes". The blockages causes collateral circulation to develop around the arteries. The name moyamoya comes from the Japanese term "puff of smoke" because of how this condition looks on angiographs.
- I used to be a nanny for a 5 year old whose dad was a vascular surgeon. At that time, I didn't really understand how anyone could operate on capillaries. Clearly, I've wised up a bit since then as most vascular surgeries are obviously on the larger vessels in the body. I actually watched several more routine vascular surgeries this week and it was so impressive to see a doctor dissect away at an artery and connect it to a vein to create an AV fistula to be used for dialysis. The amount of hand control that takes is seriously insane.
on the internet
- I LOVED this look on Adina - she really does office clothes better than anyone!
- Obsessed doesn't even begin to describe how I feel about this dress on Rachelle.
- AJ's take on an office uniform is perfect - I want to copy every single one of those outfits.
- Slightly obsessed with this (full) short sleeved dress - isn't the poppy color beautiful?
- I could never do the full up-to-the-knee sandals, but these up-to-the-ankle shoes are super cute (and maybe slightly more functional).
- Seeing these dress pants matched with those loafers makes me think I may really need some metallic shoes... ;)
- Ann Taylor
- 60% off summer favorites: the tunic I reviewed here is finally included in the sale
- Extra 50% off sale items: my favorite white eyelet dress is 60% off the sale price!
- J.Crew: 75% off final sale items
- These espadrille shoes (in stripes!) are seriously adorable
- Do you have a longer torso? This swimsuit was made especially for you!
- Nordstrom Sale ends soon!
- I just ordered this sweater in the dark grey - doesn't it look like it'll be perfect with skinny jeans and boots? Obviously not now though, as it's been 90 all week....
- Which is why I luckily also ordered this $15 tee in the white + black stripes. If you are between sizes, I suggest sizing up. I'll do a more thorough review later this week!
- My four weeks of general surgery are over. It was kind of a rough go for a while, but the last two days were actually really great. We were really involved, got to see our own patients, and got to do more in the ORs. I can totally see why people go into surgery, but I know that I couldn't do that residency for that long. Now I have four weeks of ENT surgery, which is going to be a completely different experience because there aren't any residents and there is a lot more clinic time. It also means I don't have to get up at 3:30 AM anymore ;)
- This weekend my BFF Caitlin and her dog Piper came to visit us. We went out in Pittsburgh with two of our friends, and spent the weekend eating donuts, going on long walks, and cooking meals together. I really wish that my girlfriends lived closer so we got more time together :(
- I have a mini break at the end of next week, so CR and I (and the dogs) are headed to Wisconsin for a few days. I haven't been home in over a year, so I'm so excited to see my family, friends, and eat allllllll the Wisconsin cheese.