|it's almost cool enough to wear my favorite slip on shoes!|
- This week during my day in the clinic, I learned all about pessaries. A pessary is a plastic device that fits into the vagina, and is used to support the uterus or bladder. It's often used for urinary incontinence or uterine prolapse. Here are a few pictures of current day pessaries - but there is quite a history of different methods used in previous centuries.
- This week was also the week I saw the inside of a uterus during a hysteroscopy (using a scope to look at the inside of the uterus). I was surprised to see what it actually looks like in there. I always assumed it was a very dark red (based on text books describing cycles) but it's actually soft pink and fluffy.
- Superfetation is when a woman becomes pregnant with a child while already being pregnant with another child. It is extremely rare...but can you imagine?!
on the internet
- Samantha has a step by step guide to sneakily get that marble background that is oh so popular on instagram right now.
- I'm a bit (even more) excited about fall after seeing all of Grace's gorgeous looks from years past.
- Making work clothes work for weekends are sometimes a challenge, but I love how Sarah pulled off this pretty "secretary" look ;)
- I know I would look absolutely ridiculous, but I kind of love the idea of this camel cape jacket.
- This pleated fit + flare dress is so pretty, comes in 4 different colors, and is currently under $50!
- I love the details on these cognac riding boots - plus they are a little wider in the calf, which is always appreciated ;)
- on the blog: babbbbbbbbyyy fever! it's a real thing.
- on the instagram: still a little too hot outside....
- on the twitter: a little #tbt for ya - that hair! yikes.
- Banana Republic: 40% off with code BRFALL
- This oversized tunic turtleneck looks amazingly comfy - has anyone tried it?
- Elbow patches on any type of sweater will make me want it immediately.
- While this pleated blouse is a bit too sheer for every day life for me, I think it's so pretty, and would be perfect for a night out!
- J.Crew Factory: 50% off everything!
- I just got these classic skinnies last week, and can't wait to wear them. They fit true to size, and come in three different inseams (I went with the 30).
- I've been waiting for a good sale to come around so I can finally order this black pencil skirt - the material makes it wrinkle-proof!
- This shawl sweater (as seen on Gigi) is also in my cart - so many good options currently, I can't decide what to order!
- Madewell: 30% off sale items with code YESANDYES
- It was a long week on OB, with several 14+ hour days, but it was so worth it. I delivered my first baby, first assisted in a c-section, and watched several interesting surgeries including an open hysterectomy for a giant fibroid uterus. I never thought I'd say this, but I think I'm really going to miss the surgeries once I start the next group of rotations!
- Almost 10 years ago, I rebelled against my parents' advice and got a tattoo, a little star on my left wrist. Over the years, it, and the meanings behind it, have faded, so I've decided to remove it. I had my first dermatologist appointment last week for the first laser session. It hurts! But I'm hoping in two more sessions, that it will all be gone.
- I just found out that I can order my favorite German candy on Amazon. So it's basically the best week ever.