|a few instas from the weekend :)|
- The chest x-ray of a patient who has pulmonary alveolar proteinosis has infiltrates that resemble a bat shape. I can almost see it.
- Trismus: the inability to open the mouth normally. This is often seen in retropharygenal abscesses.
- Did you guys see the story about how the man who invented the Heimlich maneuver, Dr. Heimlich (obviously), use it to save the other day to save the life of a lady who was choking while seated by him? Talk about a lucky day!
on the internet
- How great does Rachelle look in this bright and summery yellow dress? I love the red lipstick with it!
- All the sass and none of the homemaking is also how I like to describe my life, Sarah ;)
- I'm so excited to follow along as Lauren starts her new life in NYC (plus doesn't she take the cutest pictures?!)
- I just put in a huge Old Navy order (so many work out clothes currently on sale!) but I'm sad I didn't spot this adorable white dress until after I ordered - how freaking cute is it?!
- The shape and style of this Emperia purse is so similar to the Givenchy satchel...for about 1/100 of the price!
- I tried on this striped top from Banana Republic yesterday, and I just fell in love with it. If only it came in black and white, I would have purchased it immediately!
ask me anything
- I'm going on a beach vacation in a few weeks and was wondering if you had any cover up recommendations?
- Yay! Where are you going, and do you have room in your suitcase for me? So I have several suggestions, all under $50. From Target, there are two really cute options - there's a crochet paneled one that comes in black and white, and my personal favorite, this striped tasseled kaftan (so cute, right?!). J.Crew Factory has a pretty good sale going on, so their striped v-neck dress would be a perfect dress that doubles as a cover-up (perfect for when you have dinner plans after a day at the beach). The most unique of the bunch is a romper from O'Neill - I just think it would be so fun to wear!
- I am pregnant with my first baby, due in August, and I didn't really know what to expect from childbirth so when a friend suggested I take a Hypnobirthing class, I signed up. I had no idea what Hypnobirthing was but she said the class would be informative and helpful, regardless of the type of birth experience I wanted. I had always planned on getting an epidural and just going along with the process as the OB saw fit but the class has me rethinking this. From what I've heard, many OBs aren't very supportive of Hypnobirthing. I'm just curious what you have learned about Hypnobirthing from school or the OBs you have worked with?
- Congrats on your first baby! To be honest, I don't have any experience with Hypobirthing, and actually had to look it up! From what I understand, it's a way of working with your body to get through labor and delivery, which I think most OBs would be supportive of. I've never experienced a doctor push a patients towards an epidural, so I hope you won't have that experience either! I think women need to do whatever they want in their delivery, whether that's an epidural, going without anything, or using hypobirthing. If you feel it will work for you, then I think that's wonderful :)
- Have you ever fainted? How did it happen?
- I have actually only fainted once, but I've been close several times. The one time I fainted was when I was shadowing my friend's father, who is a plastic surgeon, a few years before I went to medical school. I was under the impression we were just going to stand in the corner during a breast lift, but he had us scrub in and participate. Between the hot lights, and watching someone cutting into a nipple, I just basically lost it. The nurse noticed that I was breathing funny, and had the circulating nurse bring me a chair right as I passed out. Embarrassing, that's for sure!
- on the blog: reviewing the differences between J.Crew chambray shirts
- on the instagram: the biggest cliche of all (ps. my sunglasses are $10 and basically a complete Celine knock off!
- on the twitter: #medstudentproblems (my most retweeted/liked tweet ever!)
- Boden: save 25% off your purchase with code 3H9P
- I tried on this short sleeved wrap dress a few months ago, and fell in love with the cut - time to order that black version, for keeps this time! I can see it becoming one of the most worn pieces in my closet.
- If you have any plans that involve a swimsuit coming up, then I think you need this adorable pom pom coverup to go with it!
- I have both the long sleeved and the short sleeved striped bretons, and they are two of my favorite shirts in my closet. HIGHLY recommend, if you are looking for a good striped shirt!
- Madewell: 20% off summer picks
- I love the idea of a short sleeved chambray top for the summer. White jeans, chambray shirt, cognac accessories sounds like a perfect summer uniform to me!
- And if you need some cognac wedges, I found you the perfect pair (or the coral pair, because they are so pretty!).
- I love this pretty rose cardigan - it would just be so versatile during all months of the year.
- Nordstrom: last day of the half yearly sale!
- Since returning home from the dorms, CR and I have been so good about eating and exercising - it feels so good to wake up in the morning not feeling guilty (or am I the only one this happens to?). We did the first week of BBG (yep, he did it with me!) and I'm excited to keep up with it. It's nice to have one physical thing to do every day as we spend the rest of the time sitting on our butts studying!
- I came home to Wisconsin for the weekend to see my family and go to my high school reunion. I only get to come home once a year, so it's always such a treat to visit all my favorite places, eat my favorite foods, and see my favorite people. Our high school reunion was pretty fun too! My graduating class only had 69 people in it, so I grew up with all the same people, so that makes for an interesting time together!
- Less than two more weeks until the hell of 3 board exams in 8 days start. EEK!