|stripes forever [ps today is the last day the middle shirt is on sale]|
- Scheuermann's disease is a disorder of the spine where the back of the vertebrae grows faster than the front, leading to a wedge shape. This leads to an enhanced kyphosis of the back. It presents most often in teenagers, and currently there is no known cause.
- ENT has some of my favorite medical terms. Presbycusis is age-related hearing loss - nothing fancy, but definitely fun to say! The newest word I've learned is rhinolalia (this is how you pronounce it), which means having a nasal quality of speech due to a defect in the nose.
- I never thought I'd actually enjoy ENT, but I'm definitely really enjoying my time on it. The surgeon I work with does surgery two days a week and office the other days. It's such a great mix of both surgery and patient encounters, with patients ranging from new borns to the elderly. If it wasn't so dang competitive, I would honestly consider it as a career because I could really see myself doing it.
on the internet
- I love seeing one blogging friend be inspired by another - how cute is Katrina in this Ashley-inspired outfit?
- Three easy steps to looking professional and put together in a print dress. I suppose the more I think about it, the more I also have "formulas" for how I get dressed.
- Obsessed with this outfit on Jean - the accessories really seal the deal!
- I rarely wear heels (because I hate towering over people) but this pair makes me want to wear heels all the time. Kind of surprising for me, but I think they are so pretty!
- Now that it's August, that means my Santorini vacation is officially next month! I'm starting to think about packing lists, and think that this pretty blue + white number needs to be on it. Also on my wish list are these wrap sandals, which I think would be so cute!
- I'm kind of obsessed with this style top - it's basically a t-shirt, but slightly dressier, which makes it basically the perfect shirt. Plus right now they are 2 for $60 with a ton of patterns available. The black and light pink are definitely coming my way!
- on the blog: how a simple website has made jean shopping so much easier
- on the instagram: the goofier looking side of ENT (my pearls are old, but this set from F21 is very similar, and under $10!)
- on the twitter: a picture update on my invisalign progress. only 4 trays left!
- J.Crew Factory: 40% off shirts
- How cute is this bib popover (in both blue and white!)?
- Loft: 50% off certain styles
- This pretty lace skirt is perfect for both the summer and the fall
- Not that I need another striped shirt (see picture above...) but I love the small unique pocket detail on this striped blouse
- Nordstrom: last day of the #NSale!
- I just ordered these leggings - the reviews rave about them, and for almost half the price, now is the time to try them out!
- This minimalistic watch would go with seriously everything - it's seriously so beautiful.
- It's been 90 degrees here for weeks, so I can barely even think about winter coats right now...but this coat has me looking forward to cooler temps!
- In preparation for some of my upcoming trips, I had been saving giftcards and money for a few months to buy this camera. My DSLR is too large to carry around everywhere, and so this is the perfect size to keep in my purse when I travel. I have also wanted to make a few more videos here that aren't made on my computer - any requests for video content?
- CR and I drove back to the land of cheesecurds and spotted cow for a few days this weekend. I haven't been home in over a year, so it's been wonderful to see my family and friends again. We are mostly hanging out at my parents house, with a few trips to Madison planned as well. There really is nothing better than summer in Wisconsin!
- My first week on ENT has been really wonderful. My attending is so nice and I have really learned a lot from him in a short amount of time. He lets me see a lot of the patients by myself first to practice doing a more detailed head and neck exam, which I think will come in handy no matter what field I end up going in to. Like I said above, I never thought I would enjoy this speciality as much as I have been!