|I take my crossbody bag everywhere|
- Fracture blisters are something I just learned about this week during an orthopedics lecture. They occur after a severe fracture and look horrible (look at your own risk!). They also complicate treatment, because they interfere with surgery and casting.
- Morton neuroma is a fancy word for inflammation between the third and fourth toes. Any guesses what causes this? Our best friend (and worst enemy), high heels, cause the toes to become bunched together (goodbye, beautiful shoes I'd never be able to walk in anyway). Initial treatment is...sensible shoes. Whomp whomp.
- The Positive Exposure website is something my girlfriend Caitlin introduced me to this week. It's a website dedicated to showing the beauty of various medical conditions, rather than the sterilized pictures we often see in our medical school text books. Make sure you check out the gallery here!
on the internet
- Doesn't Liz look amazing in this Grecian-inspired maxi dress? I'm convinced I need it too.
- Jessica shares some of her tips on how to build a closet up on a budget - such good advice in this post!
- If you enjoy review posts, but are petite, then Kelly's weekly petite review posts will be perfect for you!
- How beautiful is this leather duffel bag? I've always wanted one, but haven't found one I like or is in my price range (this one unfortunately isn't), so maybe eBay it is!
- I love these scalloped shorts (in black, obviously. I'm boring).
- This sweater is comfy from the front, but the back adds a fun twist. Imagine it with skinny jeans and booties *hearteyes*
- on the blog: loved reading everyone's thoughts on instagram!
- on the instagram: adding a new pair of sunglasses to my tiny collection, as well as the prettiest pink lipstick
- on the twitter: I seriously snorted out loud when I got this tweet (PS if you want to follow along, you can find me at @fhasselhof)
- Ann Taylor: 50% off sale items
- My white eyelet dress is now under $50! Here's a little sneak peek of what it looks like on me :)
- You can never have enough striped shirts (...right?), and this version comes in three pretty colors, and is very cheap right now!
- J.Crew Factory: 30% off new arrivals
- Completely in love with this funnelneck sweatshirt - imagine it with thick leggings and white converse. Want.
- Dachshund lover? You and I both need this sweater (big thanks to Halley for pointing it out to me!)
- Loft: friends and family 40% off everything
- CR and I went and saw The Gift this past weekend. I am a rom-com kinda girl, and have only seen 2 thriller/scary movies in my entire life, so I'll let you guess who chose that movie! It really wasn't that scary, I just wouldn't recommend it. The story line is a bit strange, and just leaves you scratching your head instead.
- After Pretty Little Liar's had it's summer finale this week, I realized that I haven't watched since the beginning of the first season, so now it's my guilty pleasure to watch. CR is about to leave for a month for an away rotation, so no one will be around to make me feel guilty for watching "a high school show" ;)
- It's my last week on ENT, and I think I'm going to really miss it! But after this, I have an elective OB rotation, and I've heard it's really hands on, so I'm excited to catch some babies! For those of you who have already had an OB rotation, any advice for the rotation/books to read?