|maybe I need to branch out from how I wear this blazer...|
- Geographic tongue is an interesting (but benign) condition where some of the papillae of your tongue are missing, which gives the tongue an overall map appearance. While this won't lead to any disease, in some people it can lead to discomfort and sensitivity to certain items.
- Hereditary Whispering Dysphonia is an extremely rare and genetic condition that has only been document in a few families. These patients can shout at the top of their lungs, and speak completely normal when drunk or while sleeping, but when they try to speak normally (while sober and awake), they can only speak in a very low whisper. If you are interested in learning more about this family, this was an interesting write up about how the family was otherwise medically affected, and how that could possibly be all related to their whispering.
- The last fun word from the world of ENT is rhinitis medicamentosa. It's a rebound reaction that happens if you take too many decongestions (often Afrin). While the decongestant initially relieves the congestion, it eventually "rebounds"...and that's rhinitis medicamentosa.
on the internet
- Bri finally found a romper that she loves, so now I'm convinced I need to try it too.
- I'm doing quite a bit of traveling on my vacation month (more of that below!), so I'm definitely excited to read all of Grace's suggestions for light summer reads, especially Everybody Rise. Any suggestions to add to the list?
- Jessica shares her budget insights, how she saves money, and how to stay on track for those "splurge" items.
- I love anything a bit menswear-inspired, so of course I feel that these loafers need to be mine. Red, black, or grey...or metallic?!
- Since my favorite pair of jeans are from Madewell, maybe it's time to try the same style in olive (a color of pants I've wanted forever!).
- I'm not really loving my Tory Burch bag, so I'm thinking of selling it and then using that money to buy this tote from Rebecca Minkoff (that is currently on sale). Has anyone see in it real life?
- on the blog: reviewing a few Boden pieces, along with even more stripes ;)
- on the instagram: quickly found that leather weekender bag, just in time for a trip to upstate NY
- on the pinterest: my ideal hair color + cut right now.
- Ann Taylor: 40% off everything
- If you've been looking for the perfect trench coat, it really doesn't get more classic than this flattering style.
- How pretty is this dotted shirtdress? Love.
- Penny loafers + tassels = the perfect fall shoe
- J.Crew: 30% off sale items
- This light blue eyelet dress is so pretty, and available in almost all sizes!
- White shorts will be popular every year - may as well plan ahead (and still get plenty of wear now!)
- My blue popover top is now on sale too - it's a perfect transitional piece once the weather starts to change.
- Shopbop: recent additions to sale
- The Joie tops that are currently on sale are so cute, with tops for both warmer and cooler weather now at lower prices
- Now that the temperatures will start to fall, so will the prices on pool cover ups
- A few fun new work out items will probably get me motivated to get back to taking more pure barre classes!
- I can't help but love everything in the Kate Spade section.
- For Step 2 of our boards at the end of this year, we have to do both a written exam and a physical exam. CR and I finally sat down to schedule the physical exam portion - I'm already dreading the entire process, but it's just one step closer to being done!
- We spent the weekend up in upstate New York for CR's cousin's wedding. He has a huge family (and mine is tiny tiny tiny), so it's always an interesting experience being around so much family! The wedding was beautiful, and we all had so much fun. Plus it's nice to just get out of town once in a while :)
- Speaking of getting out of town, I just booked my tickets to NYC! We get a month of vacation, so I'm going to Germany/Santorini for 10 days, and then 3 days after returning, I'm flying out to NYC for the week. I'm so excited - any tips of must do/see/eat things to do?
- Special hello to CR's grandma and Kailey! (from CR)
- Go Bills!
- Try using a "fr-adjective" (Fran Adjective) this week in a sentance. Example: Frangry (Fran hangry) or Frold (Fran World...aka the Blogosphere) or Freaders (Fran readers) but for the love of god they are NOT Frans (Fran fans!)