|I don't wear my Frye wedges nearly enough (ps have you entered the jeans giveaway?)|
- While we associate smoking with lung cancer, it is also the most common cause for pancreatic and bladder cancer, which are both horrible cancers to die from.
- Is it strange to have a favorite microbe? Mine is Legionella, but that's mostly because I think the naming of it was so interesting - it was first discovered after a group of people who were staying at a hotel for an American Legion convention all came down with pneumonia. The bacteria is transmitted through breathing in aerosolized water, so it is often associated with large heating and cooling systems found in hotels.
- I saw a case of Gastric Antral Vascular Ectasia this week, and it really does look like a "watermelon stomach"!
on the internet
- I know a lot of you enjoy review posts, so make sure to check out Audrey's recent jean and Modcloth reviews (I love that floral blazer!)
- Rachelle shares her tips for doing an at-home facial.
- Kristina kind of had my dream wedding - look at all the gorgeous details here (my favorite are those "gold" name tag holders).
- I wish I was more of a high heels girl because this rose adorned pair is absolutely gorgeous (and for that price, I could totally become a high heels kind of girl!).
- My J.Crew chambray shirt is one of my absolute favorite items in my closet, so I'm intrigued by this version from Old Navy - how fun is that back? I would be a total copycat and wear it the exact way they styled it.
- Am I the only one who struggles with finding a moto jacket that fits just the way you want it to? I may have to try out this version from BB Dakota (one of my favorite brands!).
ask me anything
- Any recommendations on a good (reasonably priced) bra? It's a constant struggle!
- My tried and true favorite bra is the Body by Victoria demi bra from Victoria's Secret. It has a lining but isn't padded, it's comfortable, and because it is pretty standard bra for VS, you can usually find it in the sale section too - during their last major sale, I got a plain white one for under $20.
- I'm never a math or science person (it doesn't come easy to me and I need to work very hard) but I do want to be a doctor, do you think it's possible and what advice would you have for someone like me?
- I think so, you just have to be willing to put in the time to become a science person. I was never a math person either, it just does not make sense to me. I have always loved science though, so even though again it wasn't a subject that came as easily to me, I think my interest in the subject is why I was able to do well in my classes. My advice is to learn to love the process of learning - if you want to be a doctor, you are going to learn new things every single day throughout school, your residency, and your career. Being excited about the subject, whether it's organic chemistry as a pre-med, or pharmacology in medical school, will help make you into a science person. You will have to work hard, but it will be worth it.
- Do you sell items you no longer wear? And if so, do you use Poshmark or a similar service?
- I don't directly sell my clothes on eBay or Poshmark just because it's so much work, and most of my clothes are "mall clothes" that people aren't specifically looking for. Instead, I order a bag from ThredUp every few months, and then send it in. I get a bit of money back for the clothes, and whatever they don't sell, they will donate themselves. So it's a win-win either way!
- Ann Taylor: 50% off dresses + 40% off sale items
- I already have the white version of this shirt dress...but maybe the coral or black would be good to have too ;)
- How fun would this brightly colored flare dress be? I think paired with some cognac shoes and a belt, it would be so cute!
- I love this beautiful blush + black patterned skirt! Not super versatile, but so pretty.
- J.Crew Factory: up to 50% off
- Just ordered their polka dot dress - I tried on a similar linen version a few years ago that didn't fit correctly, so I'm hoping the poly fabric will make all the difference!
- ...although now I'm upset I ordered before adding this polka dot pencil skirt to the order!
- ...and maybe this lace top too (although I can't decide what color I like best!)
- Nordstrom clearance event
- I love how expensive this bag from Phase 3 looks, but it's really under $40!
- My Madewell leopard flats are some of my favorites but are sadly no longer available - BP does have almost the exact same pair though that are a fourth of the price of mine.
- My Zella leggings are my favorite lounging pants...so maybe a hot pink pair would be fun to add!
- ps: Shopbop's sale items currently include quite a good assortment of Clare V. clutches on sale (my favorite is the calf fold over version), Splendid has some really cute booties available (I've always wanted to try their stuff), and now would be a good time to pick up a cardigan or two.
- We got a huge snow storm at the beginning of the week...and by the end of the week, it was 65 degrees here. Baer was excited either way because it meant snow for him to play in, and now water for him to drag into the house.
- CR and I have been really trying to go to the gym at least three times a week, but sometimes it's hard because the gym is 20 minutes away, and it really does end up taking up the whole evening. I am SO EXCITED that another branch just opened up 5 minutes away from our house! Now I'm running out of excuses ;)
- Because I have a bit more free time, and because I've been enjoying myself so much on this rotation, I feel this month has been flying by! Only two more weeks until my next OB rotation - I'm finalizing my "wish list" of things I want to practice through the month, I'm ordering all the recommended books, and stock piling casserole recipes because both CR and I will be so busy next month that I know I won't want to cook when I get home at 9 PM. Anyone have any good casserole dishes they'd like to share with me? :D