- On top of of renal, we are also currently taking a 1 credit geriatrics course this week. According to recent statistics, the elderly make up 13% of the population, but are 36% of all hospital cases and take up 50% of all physician hours. Whoa.
- I don't advise going out and drinking your anti-freeze, but if you were to, just buy a bottle of tequila - the treatment for ethylene glycol (anti-freeze) is ethanol (drinking alcohol!). (while this is actually true, if you were to get ethylene glycol poisoning, please go find your nearest emergency room and not just start taking tequila shots)
- The world's largest kidney stone was 13 centimeters wide. The normal kidney is only 9 centimeters wide. OUCH.
On the Internet
- I knew Bri's work life was busy, but it's really apparent in her "day in the life" post. Dang girl.
- The worst gift guide ever - who even makes these things?! Thanks for the laughs Tier!
- How cute is Tam's drawing of her little wiener dog? I insist she makes prints so I can buy one!
- I talked about falling in love with this blouse a few weeks ago, and now that it's half the price it was then, I'm finally going for it. Here's hoping I like it in real life as much as I like it online!
- Chambray and polka dots just make sense. Wear it with black ponte pants and boots now, and with white shorts in the spring!
- I've been using e.l.f. brushes for years, but they are definitely showing their age. This sparkly set of 5 is from one my favorite make-up brands (I'm hardcore loyal to their powders!), so pretty, and currently on sale. Please, Santa?
- On the blog: I want to wear this dress every day (especially because CR really loves it!)
- On instagram: the amazing sunset we saw after leaving school on Thursday
- On pinterest: my plans over break including a little crafting (and thrifting!)
- J.Crew: 30% off everything including sale items. This on-sale scalloped dress is beautiful (the perfect neckline for a statement necklace or let it speak for itself with just a dainty charm), while this quarter zip would look great on your man (I'm so tempted to order it for CR!)
- J.Crew Factory: 50% off everything. Pick up these Chanel-inspired shoes for yourself, and these flats for that preppy friend in your life ;)
- Not a specific sale, but did you know that if you refer a friend to shop at Shopbop and they purchase something, you'll get a $25 credit? Use it to buy these unique earrings, or a sassy passport cover. Or refer two friends, and you can make your dog the most stylish on the block (that buffalo plaid vest!)
- I upgraded my phone this week to an iPhone 6+. It's ginormous and therefore I love it - I was debating about getting an iPad mini for when rotations start, but this should do the trick just fine. I bought this case for it so that the gold still shows through :)
- Last day of school is on Thursday! Then it's Christmas shopping, baking, and so much napping for the next two weeks.
- We had our ugly Christmas sweater party this week and it was a ton of fun. We had some pretty ugly sweaters and then some pretty awesome ones too. We even had the dogs and their ugly sweaters out!