|a few corners of our house are coming together :)|
- Hyperlipidemia is the most common chronic diseases seen in family practice clinics - probably because 1 in 2 people will have high cholesterol at some point in their lifetimes. High levels of lipid in the blood can lead to plaque formation in the arteries, which can eventually can end up causing heart attacks or strokes. Looking to keep control over your cholesterol? Stay in a healthy weight range, eat more plant-based foods, and exercise 30 minutes a day. And no smoking!
- Bullous pemphigoid is an autoimmune disease that causes large blisters to form all over the body. They are caused by auto-antibodies that attack the hemidesmosomes in the epidermis. Here's a short video of someone's experience with the disease (warning: skin blisters all over the place!)
- As much as I love using Q-tips, seeing the ear wax we have to wash out of people's ears several times a week makes me want to throw mine away. Have you seen this (gross) video that went viral this week? It was oddly satisfying to watch.
on the internet
- How fun is this 4th of July cake? Now I just need a party to go to...
- I loved Jessica's most recent Weekend Guide post! She always has the best links.
- I have been loving reading Kelly's weekly review posts - we are on completely opposite sides of the size spectrum, but reading what others look for when they buy clothes makes me pay more attention when I'm looking into buying something too!
- I'm not a huge fan of the original Jack Rogers, but I LOVE this simpler style of sandal. Cognac, or gold...or both? ;)
- How figure flattering would this floral dress from Anthropologie be? Plus it's on sale, so it's double flattering (that's how that works, right?)
- Swimsuit shopping is definitely not on the top of my favorite things to shop for, but I would love to try this sassy one piece, both for this summer and my trip in September!
- on the blog: part two of building a cohesive wardrobe is all about figuring out your personal style. Have any of you made collages? I would love to see them!
- on the instagram: thoughts on working hard to look average
- on the pinterest: you guys - how do we feel about this haircut? I need a change.
- J.Crew: 30% off everything
- So in love with this blue + white striped dress. LOVE.
- How would I look in this hat? Because I want one.
- Madewell: 30% off sandals and swim items
- This coverup is simple from the front, but the back is simply beautiful.
- Nordstrom: bunch of new items added to the sale section
- I've officially paid off my braces this week! I still have to wear them for about another 5 months, but I'm so happy they are completely paid off. Now I just really need that snaggle tooth to disappear ;)
- We have officially booked our tickets to Santorini and now also have our hotel rooms booked, and it looks so amazing! I am beyond excited for this trip! My sister and mom and I have been texting for weeks now about outfits and places we want to go to on the island. I don't get to travel a lot (shocking, I know, because most blogs lead you to believe that everyone travels all the time, amiright?) so looking forward to this trip is really what is going to get me through the next two months of surgery!
- Happy Father's Day to the man who works harder than anyone else I know, can stay up working for three days straight and still want to fix something at home afterwards, who protects me from hammerhead sharks, and taught me the importance of knowing how to drive a stick shift. Thank you for supporting me even after you tried unsuccessfully to steer me away from medicine, and for always knowing how to fix any problem. We all sure did get lucky having you as our father, husband, son, and doctor!