|the oldest, and probably most worn, top in my closet|
I used to use this space to write about the new disease and syndromes I learned about in school. Since I'm no longer learning new diseases every week, I think this will now be more about what I see in medicine each week rather than looking for new strange things to tell you about.
- Scabies are caused by mites that bite and may burrow into skin, causing what looks like a little pimple rash. They are highly contagious, and often spread person to person. I actually saw my second case of them this week (the other time was a few years ago while shadowing) and I always feel a little itchy afterwards.
- Do you feel tired all the time? Next time you are getting blood work, ask your doctor about your Vitamin D and B12 levels, especially if you live in colder, less sunny climates. I haven't seen a single patient in the last two weeks with normal Vitamin D levels!
- Remember how I said I diagnosed my first real case of appendicitis this week? Most cases of appendicitis are caused when the appendix becomes obstructed...often by a fecalith (that means basically a stone made of feces). Isn't medicine fun? ;)
- While this skirt is just a little too bold for workwear for me, I think it would be SO flattering on. Someone with a bit more flexibility, please wear this for me.
- If you need a pair of simple and versatile heels, these strappy heels come in two colors and would go with seriously everything. Looking for something a bit more ornate? Shopbop currently has a bunch of pretty lace pumps available too - here are just a few options!
- I would have never guessed that this dress was from Old Navy if I didn't see it on the site myself. How fun is the white + orange option?
on the internet
- Does being a fashion blogger mean you aren't a feminist? Loved reading Lindsay's thoughts on why she cares about fashion and blogging.
- I am obsessed with this instagram - seriously, how does she look so amazing in everything?
- Still struggling with doing a closet clean out? Maybe do what Audrey did, and get your husband involved! That'll make the decisions easier real quick!
- on the blog: thank you so much for all of your kind comments about showcasing "real life" outfits on here - you guys are the best
- on the instagram: the pretties that came home with me yesterday (ps my shoes are from Target!)
- on the twitter: not all of us were worn tiny. It actually requires a lot of work to stay at the size I am :/
- Anthropologie: 25% off dresses
- This white + blue dress has some of the prettiest details I've ever seen.
- White + florals + sleeves? Hello, my precious.
- Gap: 35% off everything
- Is it wrong that I just really want a striped umbrella?
- J.Crew: 30% off sale items
- I went shopping yesterday, and left a bit disappointed. I was looking mainly for work clothes - dress pants and cardigans, and found neither. Apparently no one buys dress pants during the summer, so there were absolutely none to try on. I'm debating ordering this pair from the "suits" section of Ann Taylor even though they don't ever go on sale, just because I've looked everywhere else! I did get my favorite style of bra on sale, and did leave the mall with this fun striped sweater though, so it wasn't all bad.
- CR and I spent last weekend camping and going to a Dave Matthews Band concert. We had pit tickets, so we were like 20 feet away for the entire show. It was amazing! We're going to another one in the middle of July and I'm already so excited.
- Because I can never go to Germany with my family when they go visit everyone, my parents and I are going together during my vacation month at the end of September. We are going to Germany for a few days, and then flying to Santorini for a week with my grandma. I'M SO EXCITED! I've never been, so if you have and have any suggestions, we are totally open to them. It's going to be amazing.