|did I go to NYC just for the food? maybe.|
on the internet
- The quintessential cool girl outfit, on one of the cutest bloggers.
- You can buy bow ties now? I'm all for it - thanks for the tip, AJ!
- One of my favorite bloggers shares how you can make one of my favorite drinks. I personally only ever order them at the Old Fashioned back home (obviously), but now I'm tempted to make my own (since I'm 500 miles away from Madison).
- We all know that I have a bit of a scarf obsession. In an effort to buy higher quality items, I'm limiting myself to just a few new scarves over the next six months of winter. I currently have my eye on this beautiful wool/cashmere wrap. It looks so soft and thick enough to be warm. I'm debating between the grey and the tan and just can't decide!
- I think I've finally found the perfect distressed black jeans, and with today's sale, they are under $20!
- How freaking cute are these plaid flats from J.Crew Factory?! Perfect for the holiday season (and because they aren't so PLAID IN YOUR FACE, the rest of the winter too!)
- on the blog: I loved everyone's thoughts on what being an "in-betweener" is like. You guys are amazing!
- on the instagram: Hansi really loves fall...and the treat right above my phone camera ;)
- on the twitter: only one level of separation between me and a movie star. but many many dress sizes.
- Anthro: 20% off (code: FALLFUN)
- This faux wrap dress would be great for work and play. The color is versatile, the fabric is comfy, and if you want to get the blue version, you can look just Kate Middleton! ;)
- While it's not my typical cut of blouse I usually buy, I kind of love this skirted top. It would look so good with skinny pants and cute pumps.
- Speaking of cute tops, this lace tee and jeans would be like my ideal outfit.
- Kate Spade: 25% off (code: INDULGE) all picks below are from the sales section!
- I have wanted a red crossbody bag for so long - the small ella purse seems to be exactly what I've been looking for!
- Not what I would normally go for in a wallet, but the floral design on this wallet is just so pretty and unique that I'd definitely be tempted.
- Their medium harmony tote is the perfect work bag, and now under $150.
- Shopbop: new additions to sale
- BB Dakota is quickly becoming my favorite brand from Shopbop. Their designs are always flattering, and appropriate for most life styles. Their Leigh dress, now under $75, is both unique and wearable. I can't decide between the white and black version!
- I went into a Splendid store this past week, and fell in love with literally everything. Their suede booties that are now on sale are especially cute.
- Of course their monogram watch no longer has an F available :( Good thing they have an H ;)
- Y'all know I love emojis, so these jewels are right up my alley. I need that sunglasses necklace.
- This week, I got to meet two of my absolute favorite bloggers: Krista from Covering the Bases and Grace from The Stripe. I met up with Krista on a quick coffee break, and honestly, I think we could have chatted all day (and night!) long. She is just as funny and genuine in real life as she is on her youtube videos, and even prettier (seriously, her skin is amazing). I met up with Grace on two occasions, and guys - she's the cutest person I may have ever met. She's so sweet, easy to talk to, and is a wealth of knowledge. They both gave me a new vigor for blogging and a few new ideas for things to try.
- Throughout the year, I put a bit of every blogging "paycheck" away to buy myself something for my birthday. While I love luxury goods, I always have to save up to add them to my closet, and I find this method a great way to treat myself once a year (previous purchases included my Burberry coat two years ago, and my Tory Burch flats last year). I finally found this year's present - it's this Mulberry doctor style bag, via eBay. I can hardly wait! I have loved this bag for years and years, and I'm excited to finally own my own version. Thank God for eBay! :)
- Today is the last day of my vacation. While I'm obviously going to miss all this traveling and free time, I'm also ready to get back to having a normal routine. For the next month, I'll be on pysch. It should be a really interesting month, and hopefully a very educational one as well. For those of you have already had it/taken the shelf - any tips on books or websites to use to study? I feel like I'm starting at 0 here!