|oh that baby white coat life (all via instagram)|
- Patella alta is the term for an abnormally high riding patella (or knee cap). The clinical sign for this is called a camel's sign, because it can look like two humps on the leg.
- Phagophagia: a form of the disorder pica where there is a compulsive consumption of ice or iced beverages. This can sometimes be a sign of iron deficiency anemia.
- Amyloid deposition in the tongue can cause the tongue to become so big it becomes scalloped because it grows against the ridges of teeth.
on the internet
- I loved Jessica's Loft dress on her...and the background (my favorite building in Wisconsin!).
- Make-up dupes are basically my favorite thing on the planet, so of course I loved this post by Meg!
- And lastly, I would love summer if I looked like Katie in her seriously cute outfit.
- Gap currently has the cutest blouses and tops. My favorite is their eyelet tank - wear it now alone with denim jeans (or a cute skirt), and then layer in under a cardigan or blazer in the fall.
- If I did more traveling, I would be all about Kate Spade's newest cross body bag. That blush color is so freaking pretty.
- I've seen this swing top from Old Navy on three separate bloggers recently, so I finally ordered one for myself as well (it comes in tall, so I hope it won't be too boxy on me!).
ask me anything
- I'm getting ready to apply for residency this fall and was wondering if you have any suggestions for interview bags that are good quality but affordable. I'm hoping to spend less than $150 and I'd prefer a black or tan tote-size bag. Something cute but not too flashy for interviews.
- First of all, best of luck these next few months - I'm already ready for it all to be over! Okay, so for totes, here are a few I've found. Express has a pretty great option that I think is cool because of the separate compartments. Aldo also has a classic tote that comes in both tan and black, depending on which way you are leaning. If there's a more expensive style of bag you are looking for, I really have had amazing luck with eBay in the past. That's how I got my Mulberry bag for 1/5 of the original price (that's the bag I'll be using for interviews).
- What camera & camera settings do you use for your OOTD photos?
- I recently got my first big girl job (WHOOP!!) and now get paid monthly. I have never been paid this way and am having some issues adjusting to this schedule. Any budgeting tips/resources for monthly paychecks?
- This is somewhat similar to how my finances work now, except I get all of my money in a large chunks twice a year. The biggest thing I've found to work for me is having a bunch of different savings accounts (my bank lets me have as many as I want), somewhat like the "envelope method". So what I do is calculate what my monthly bills will be (rent, car payment, phone payment, insurance, and a rough estimate for utilities), and put that money into my "bills" account. This is always the first step, which ensures you don't run out of money to pay your bills. The second account is the flexible savings account. From this, I automatically transfer $150 every two weeks into my checking account. This money covers all my non-bills expenses, so my groceries, my gas, and any money I need throughout the week. The rest of the money goes into a "do not touch" savings account, which is really in cases of emergency. I also have several other long term savings accounts, but those don't really apply to this situation. I hope that helps a little bit!
- on the blog: when skincare disappoints :(
- on the instagram: so so sassy
- on the twitter: the struggle is real, especially in this humidity.
- Ann Taylor: extra 50% off sale
- A belted, short sleeved, flowy dress that comes in red or navy - what more can you want in a dress?!
- Their lace peplum top would look so great alone now while it's still hot, and again later under a cardigan or blazer when it's cooler out. I love the white version!
- The pattern on this floral skirt is beautiful (and I bet you it's more versatile than you would initially think!)
- J.Crew Factory: 40% off new arrivals (prices as marked)
- I love the idea of this v-neck blouse - if it fits well, it comes in several great colors, making it the ideal "throw on and go to work" top.
- I wouldn't normally think I'd like a shirt with a bird on it, but the combination of stripes and cute little birdie just looks so appealing.
- How amazing is this plaid blazer?! Makes me want it to be Christmas real bad ;)
- Loft: 40% off everything
- Another great "throw on and go" top is this pretty cream colored blouse - mix and match it with a longer necklace, or scarves in the fall/winter.
- The combination of the lace and the teal color in their flare dress is perfect.
- I'd like to buy this lace peplum top in black, and where it on every date from here on out.
- Shopbop's sale section: My Micheal Kors bag is now on sale. There are several pool accessories on sale (that toucan!!!). There's some great denim from DL1961 also available for great prices.
- I've been receiving the Popsugar Must Have box for a few months now to try out, and it's been so fun to receive a box of presents every month. This month's box featured the cutest little swan coozie holder, which we put into good use this weekend! If you'd like to try a box for yourself, you can use the code SHOP5 to receive $5 off the first one!
- We are in Rochester this weekend for CR's brother's wedding. They are getting married today, and we are all so excited! It's going to be gorgeous (and it looks like the weather is going to cooperate, thankfully!).
- I would normally have something to say here, but it's 1:30 AM as I'm finishing this post, so....goodnight!