|a sparkly necklace for all the seasons!|
- The most common cause of acute liver failure is acetaminophen overdose - make sure you only take the recommended doses!
- Did you guys see that the average life expectancy in the US has decreased for the first time in over two decades?
- Egophony is caused by an enhanced transmission of high frequency sounds across fluid, like liquid in the lungs. When a person says E, but have a lung condition like pneumonia, it may sound like an A sound when listening with a stethoscope.
on the internet
- Grace's gift guide for "the person who hated 2016" is probably my favorite gift guide of the year. I'll take one of each, please!
- The best part about this outfit is that I already own almost all of those pieces! #copycat
- I'm obsessed with Allie in this ballgown!
- I have wanted to try faux leather leggings for a few years now, but have always been a bit too hesitant to actually buy a pair. Maybe a pair from Hue for under $50 will be the ones that convince me to try?
- Festive duck boots?! So freaking cute.
- I'm convinced that I need this tunic sweater - pair it with a striped tee and cognac accessories for a comfy colder weather outfit.
- PS. My favorite favorite pair of pants are currently 70% (!!!) off - I'm ordering two pairs! They are just over $20 each, and since I've worn mine to death, it's time to get replacement pairs.
ask me anything
- Do you have any suggestions on what to wear to a white coat ceremony? I have a number of tattoos on my right upper arm, so I'm always looking for three-quarter sleeve length dresses. I'm open to patterns and color since the white coat is, well, white. I'm also hoping to get double duty out of this dress to wear during rotations when the time comes.
- I'm so excited for you! I ended wearing pants and a blouse to my own white coat ceremony (babies!), but looking back, I wish I had worn a dress too. If I were to do it again, I'd love to wear Ann Taylor's pleated dress. I think it's gorgeous, and you could definitely wear it on rotations too! Other options, depending on what time of the year your ceremony is, is a blue and white faux wrap dress, a striped t-shirt dress, or a tweed fit and flare (perfect for if your ceremony is during the colder months! Pair it with black tights and booties). In the more inexpensive category, Amazon has several options: one with a belt in belt, a cute fit and flare, and a shorter sleeved version. If you're looking for something special, but something you'll also wear for years, Equipment makes several beautiful long sleeved dresses.
- Please link where you got all your ornaments asap! I gotta order some custom ones!
- We have two different types of ornaments on our tree - ones others have gifted us, and the ones we get each year for what big events happened that year. Our personalized scrubs ornament is from Etsy and the female doctor/male doctors are from Amazon. Last's years map ornament is one we made on Zazzle (with the heart being where we currently live in Ohio!) and this year's is a ring ornament. I love the idea of adding a new special ornament every year, so over the years, we can look back at the years together, and eventually, our kids can experience it with us too!
- What type/brand of hangers do you use? I'm looking to makeover my closet!
- I actually won 100 hangers from Hangers.com years ago, on Alterations Needed! I like that I'm limited to 100 hangers - it causes me to constantly evaluate what I'm keeping and adding to my closet. I also feel like I can see my clothes a bit better than if I used thinner hangers. Since my closet is fairly small, it would almost make more sense to have the thinner ones, but this has worked well for me for the past four years!
- on the blog: you'll want to enter this giveaway!
- on the instagram: finding new activities in new cities!
- on the pinterest: can't wait to recreate!
- Anthropologie: 30% off all clothing
- I don't really understand off the shoulder sweaters (what's the point?) but I do think it's a cute look - this cowlneck sweater gives you a similar like while actually keeping you covered up.
- I'm majorly crushing on their pointelle sweater - it's definitely on the way pricey side, but it just looks so comfortable!
- The embroidery details on this swing dress are gorgeous!
- Jonathan Adler: 25% off all gifts (one of my favorite places to buy gifts!)
- I just got my mom the Mr. & Mrs. vase for her birthday - I love that it's either a minimalistic vase or one with a bit of personality, depending on what way you face it!
- For your friend with all the best jewels: a dish that catches all her favorite items in a chic way.
- My favorite candle ever! I smell it every time I got in a JA store.
- Loft: 40% off everything
- Go for this amazing funnel coat in a bright red - it's the perfect way to cheer you up in a crowd of black coats!
- Looking for a quick and easy holiday outfit? Pair their plaid blouse with a black pencil skirt or skinny jeans, and red shoes, and you're ready to go!
- I initially wasn't drawn to this floral top, but now I can't help but thinking it would be such an easy piece to wear with black dress pants and look automatically put together.
- Shopbop's sale section picks: Sorel has several pairs at reduced prices, Free People's sale section is pretty amazing right now (I love that striped tee shirt dress!), and Stuart Weitzman has both boots and sandals on sale!
- I'm half done with my emergency medicine rotation blocks, and I've honestly really enjoyed it so far! I can definitely see the appeal of this speciality, and I like the idea of practicing in all realms of medicine, but I'm definitely most excited with any ObGyn cases come in, so I know that's still the right place for me! Working in an area with a lot of Amish communities has also brought in a ton of interesting pathologies that I don't think you'd see elsewhere.
- CR and I are on the last month of living apart, but now he will only be an hour away from me, so we can get middle of the week dinners, and he'll be home on the weekends again. We are getting so close to being done with this - we've been living apart since June!
- We are all geared up for the holidays around here, in our own little ways. CR put up our outside lights yesterday (my favorite - icicle lights!), our little fake Christmas tree has our few personalized ornaments on it, and I may have purchased a holiday pillow too (it's so cute!). I think next weekend we are going to make cookies from scratch - any one have any recipes they'd like to share?!