|my favorite flats <3|
- Lung cancer is the number one cancer killer for both men and women. There is a large body of statistical and clinical evidence that supports the claim that smoking causes lung cancer, but interestingly enough, research has not be able to cause cancer in experimental animals exposed to cigarette smoke.
- Cervical cancer used to be the number one cancer killer of women. Since the introduction of the Pap smear more than 50 years ago, the incidence has dropped immensely. To date, the Pap smear is the most successful cancer screening tool ever invented! While Pap smears used to be an annual test, current guidelines state that healthy women between 21-65 only need one every three years (woohoo!).
- E. coli can cause a whole bunch of problems for our bodies, but it really is beautiful on an agar plate. Also pretty? The winners of the Agar Art Competition (although I think the NYC one should have really won).
on the internet
- Liz wasn't so sure about sharing this outfit, but it's one of my favorites of hers - I love her cardigan!
- If I didn't know it was a DIY post, I would never have guessed that Merrick made these shoes. Now I want to make myself a pair...and one for each of my sisters.
- Keiko has the cutest interview with Jennifer Aniston - but seriously, how cool is that?!
- Loft's split neck oversized polka dot blouse may or may not (...may) be on its way to me now. I loved the suggestion in the reviews about wearing it with slim black pants with a colorful cardigan. I hope it's as cute in real life as it is online...but the 50+ reviews praising it hopefully can't be wrong!
- I've never really wanted a fur vest until I saw Old Navy's slightly understated version. It's not so furrrrrrry that it makes it a bit more wearable.
- Do you have a NYE party you want to be all sparkly for, but don't want to spend a lot? Target has the perfect sequined party dress (that has pockets, and is on sale!).
ask me anything
- Do you ever suffer from "imposter syndrome"? What do you do to overcome it?
- All the time. I've always felt like I'm faking it until I make it. I think that may have a lot to do with where I am in my education right now. We are at the point where we have a general understanding of what's going on, but don't actually know how to do anything or help. In real life I talk down my education all the time, so I don't really know how to overcome that. I'm hoping it'll improve with the more experience I have in medicine.
- Will we ever see a pic of you and CR?
- He says that there are certain special events that will have pictures and can be shared ;) But for now, you probably won't see him around here.
- How do you keep your black pants looking so black?! When ever you post a picture of you wearing The Limited pants, this is always my first thought.
- I wash all my dark clothes with Woolite Dark laundry detergent, and that's made a huge difference for me! I also wear my clothes several times before washing them - I always change into comfier clothes when I get home, so I really only wear the clothes for a portion of the day anyway. This cuts down on laundry, and keeps my clothes looking newer longer.
- on the blog: beauty tuesday's post is my favorite of the week (complete with video!)
- on the instagram: family-approved nails :)
- on the twitter: the difference four years makes
- Ann Taylor: 40% off full price styles
- A sequined pencil skirt is not exactly a closet staple, but it sure would be fun to wear during the holiday season.
- Wear this pretty pleated black dress to your work holiday party, and then again to a wedding next summer.
- I love the colors their open cardigan comes in (+ it's now 50% off the sale price!)
- ASOS: 30% off everything!
- Obsessed with this elbow patched striped sweater.
- An oversized scarf with the prettiest herringbone pattern will keep you warm all winter long.
- The details on this pencil dress are so pretty.
- Nordstrom: Black Friday sales
- If you have been looking for a neutral crossbody bag, you really can't beat an $18 one that looks a heck of a lot more expensive.
- Kendra Scott's druzy bracelet would make a great Christmas present. It comes in a bunch of pretty colors - my favorite is the red + gold version!
- Do you have a super girly girl on your list? She'd love Ted Baker's pink + diamond watch (now 55% off!).
- CR and I joined a gym last week, and I'm excited to get back to working out on a regular basis again. I really just do 25 minutes of cardio (a Mindy Project episode...) and some weights, but it feels good to get that movement in...
- ...especially after basically a week of eating. We had such a good Thanksgiving! My favorite was definitely the mashed potatoes and stuffing - I could eat that stuff every single day.
- Thanks to some really great deals over the weekend, I have a majority of my Christmas shopping done. I love giving presents, so I can hardly wait to ship/watch everyone open them!