|sperrys + rolled jeans foreva and eva|
- Caffeine has a mild, transient antidepressant action. Patients with depression tend to significantly increase their use of caffeine (and probably also why we all gravitate toward it on a daily basis!)
- Capgras Syndrome is when a person believes that someone in their life has been replaced by a "double" or a look-alike. We actually saw a patient who had it this week - it was very interesting to witness, but also very sad.
- Prader-Willi syndrome is caused by the absence of expression of the paternally active gene on chromosome 15. These patients typically have a cognitive impairment, behavioral issues, hypogonadism, and obesity. They also have impaired satiety, which leads to binge eating, which in several cases has led to gastric rupture. These patients complained of slight abdominal discomfort, although the significant gastric necrosis in their abdomen!
on the internet
- I'm a bit obsessed with Grace's striped coat. Of course it's vintage! Of course >:(
- Are you in the process of going through residency interviews? Laura has a whole list of questions to prepare for - definitely bookmarking this (and starting to think of good answers now!)
- Still looking for an outfit for your holiday card? Try out Jess's adorable look!
- I think I've found my Christmas sweater!! *hearteyes*
- Not quite sure how flattering how it would be (my guess is not very), but I kind of love the idea of a sweater skirt - doesn't that sound so comfy?
- I am completely obsessed with this large faced watch. It's so beautiful (and a bit different from the other watches in my collection!)
ask me anything
- How is setting up the apartment going?
- SO good! We were promised new carpet, but our landlord is a bit slow on delivering on that promise. We have moved in all of furniture, and now are doing little things to make it our own. I do plan on writing a few posts here and there on it - starting of course with my gallery wall!
- How does one tackle the med school student loan debt? I understand doctors get paid a lot, but I assume with all the debt they have they don't get to enjoy "wealth" right away?
- So during residency, we won't be making "the big bucks". During those years, our student loan is paid back on an income-basis. The government understands that as residents, we won't be making a ton of money, so it's all based on what we will be making. Once residency is over, personally, my plan is to try to pay back as much as I can in as short of time as possible. Luckily, I go to a fairly inexpensive school and live in an area with a lower cost of living, so I don't take out as much as others I know, BUT it's still a ton, so I want it gone as quickly as possible. It's definitely overwhelming just thinking about it!
- If I couldn't be blonde, I'd be ________.
- A redhead! I tried it years ago, but it just took too much effort. I just think it's so pretty!
- on the blog: a how-to on creating a gallery wall on a budget
- on the instagram: are these coming out earlier and earlier every year?
- on the twitter: did I miss this vital step in make up applications? :/
- Banana Republic: 40% off sale items
- Obsessed with how a striped shirt looks under this comfy sweater.
- This embroidered tee, while simple from far away, is actually gorgeous close up.
- If you've been looking for a bleached out chambray, their version is pretty darn cute.
- J.Crew: 25% off select styles
- I love their striped shirts - I think a red version needs to be added soon!
- I saw this chambray dress on Tam last month, and I promise, it's so much cuter in real life than it is on their website (just add a belt!)
- Vests are my favorite part about winter - wouldn't a red version be so cute? Maybe I'll add it to my Christmas list ;)
- Bonus: 30% off sale items! My pick is their tall tote - YOU CAN GET IT MONOGRAMMED.
- Nordstrom Fall Clearance
- All my winter coats are black or grey...so maybe it's time to try a pretty mustard color (that's under $100!)
- Sam Edelman's famous Penny boots are finally on sale too - the perfect way to get a Frye-looking boot with the Frye-cost!
- If you are a navy-lover (the color, not the branch of the armed forces), then this MK watch was made for you (now 40% off the original price!)
- I'm about to start my last week of psych, and I'll be honest, I'm a bit excited. My next rotation is an elective in pathology, which I'm really excited about! I'm hoping this one will be a bit more hands on :)
- I got my attachments off my teeth this week! I still have to wear my retainer all the time, but it was exciting to take one step closer to being done. I also have an appointment with a cosmetic dentist so I can finally get my front tooth fixed (it's half fake, and now the wrong shape and color, so it has to be fixed). I can't wait to show you guys the final product!
- This weekend I went up to the Finger Lakes with my best friends and we had so much fun! We went wine tasting, cheese tasting (!!!), playing Heads Up, and just spent a lot of time talking. It was the best.