|a few snaps of white dresses from this week's review post|
- Jessica is starting a new wellness series, and I found her story about when she was forced to stop working out that she had to find new ways to be healthy, and ways that made her feel better than just exercising away calories. Very excited to read more posts about this!
- As I've started to fall down the house decorating rabbit hole, I've recently fallen in love with Copy Cat Chic. I love seeing the items where she finds an inexpensive dupe of a way to expensive for our budget item. Not everything is my taste, but it's very inspiring to see the look for less!
- Love this girly meets rocker look on AJ! Plus check out the amazing deal she got on a designer bag - looks like perseverance paid off big time!
- If you're looking for an easy throw on and go LBD, this Madewell version would be perfect for you! I love the details on the sleeve and neckline.
- How precious is Club Monaco's scalloped trench?! If only I wore jackets more often, I'd be all about that grey version!
- A lower stacked heel + cognac + ankle straps make these sandals from Sole Society a great spring time shoe! They would look cute with jeans, skirts, or dresses! The ideal shoe ;)
ask me anything
- Do you have any rain coat recommendations? I'm looking for a longer bum covering style, and not black.
- I'm actually on that same hunt myself! We are going to Ireland in June, and I want a fun rain coat for the trip. The most inexpensive, and maybe actually my favorite, that I found was this version found at Target! It comes in five colors - my favorite is definitely the red! Cole Haan makes a raincoat that has a cute bow on the back, and comes in a really pretty blush color (plus it's on sale!). Petite Bateau actually has really cute versions too, although a bit pricy. Finally, the one I've been eyeing is Michael Kor's version - I just love the lining!
- Are there any gifts you have gotten that you have loved/ would love to get for your engagement? Just a little something (on the "I'm starting med school this year" budget!) to help friends celebrate!
- Personally, I really loved just sharing a bottle of champagne with friends when we got them. Several people brought us bottles, and it was the perfect way to celebrate the occasion (especially because we weren't around friends or family the weeks after we got engaged). Another cute option if you are close with bride to be is a cute dish for her new ring! Shopbop has several that are around $15. Target makes an adorable marble + gold one, or you can get one personalized for her if you think she's going to change her name!
- 3rd year medical student here wondering about outfit ideas for interview dinners this fall (because it's more fun than thinking about ERAS, Step 2, etc). I am applying general surgery, which I have heard is more formal across the board. But I also want to show more style at the interview dinner than the black suit and collared shirt that interview day mandates. I am always up for a good, flattering dress (body type = skinny with no curves). What are your thoughts?
- The dinner the night before interviews are the perfect time to show a bit more of your personality through clothing, because exactly like you said, on your interview day you will be in a dark suit just like everyone else. I wore something business casual on my interviews. I almost always wore black jeans with either a white blouse with my camel blazer (now on sale!) or with a flowy blouse. I was comfortable, felt like myself, and my pants were stretchy enough for all the amazing dinners you eat! Don't forget that you'll be interviewing from October-January, so depending on what part of the country you apply in, you may want to be more covered up as well. Good luck! Interview season was a lot of fun, even at times when it was stressful, nerve wrecking, and time consuming!
- J.Crew: 30% off everything
- After eyeing this crossbody bag for a while, I've decided I'm finally going to get it in that amazing blush color...with a gold monogram, of course!
- My beloved blazer is now on sale + an additional 30% off! See my sizing review here.
- I also ordered this indigo button up - I think it's one of those super versatile shirts you can wear tucked into black dress pants or a darker skirt for work, but then you can also just wear over a white tank and ripped black jeans for a casual weekend look. Based off of experience with their sizing, I ordered a 10 Tall.
- We rented Passengers this weekend, and even though it got some not so great reviews, I loved it! Maybe it's because I want to live in space (like unrealistically want to, but I've always dreamed of it!), and because parts of it speaks to me in a "making the best of any situation" life story, but I really liked it!
- Have I mentioned that we've been going to play trivia every Wednesday? It's my favorite night of the week now, between one of my favorite spin classes followed by a few hours of sitting in a bar with my friends playing trivia. Two weeks ago we won second place!
- One of the next wedding things we are doing is asking our bridesmaids and groomsmen! My little way of asking them is coming together - I can't wait to share what I put together for them after I finally get the chance to ask all of them in person :)