Restock your favorites: The issue with ordering a bunch of new things during these sales is that you may not like what you purchased, and then you basically "wasted" the sale by not actually keeping anything you bought. I like to stock up on my holy grail beauty and skincare items during these sales - items I purchase over and over again - because you may as well get them on sale! These are my tried and true items, and many that I plan on stocking up during the sale (specifically the eyeliner, primer, powder, and moisturizer, all which are almost empty right now!).
1. Laura Mercier primer: the only primer I've found that seals moisture in. This will be my third tube!
2. Belif moisturizer: can't get enough of this stuff - if you have dry skin, it's a must buy.
3. Smashbox setting powder: holy grail item - I've been wearing it for more than five years now
4. Stila eyeliner: the absolute best liquid eyeliner, hands down (I've been wearing this one for at least six years)
5. First Aid hydrating serum : my review here
6. Urban Decay mascara primer: my review here (it's the secret to thick lush lashes!)
7. Living proof dry shampoo: my review here
Try out something new: Getting your staples on sale is smart, but it's not the most fun way to use a sale! I like to pick out an item or two that I've had my eye on, but haven't pulled the trigger. These are the items I've researched and read the reviews, and have had sitting in my basket for a while. Unfortunately I can't get alllllll of them (boo!) but I think I'm going to get the Ren mask (so many great reviews!) and the Guerlain bronzing powder (one of my mom's staples for the past twenty years!).
8. Kat Von D eyeshadow palette
9. Bobbi Brown blush + highlighter
10. Sunday Riley lactic acid treatment
11. Ren glycolic acid mask
12. Guerlain bronzer
13. Dr. Dennis Gross modeling mask
Prepare for the holidays: A sale like this gets you better prices than anything happening on Black Friday, so you can get a great present for less money ahead of time - sounds like a good deal to me! My favorite deal is the perfume set - you gift this box of 15 sample sizes of perfumes, and then it comes with a certificate for the full sized version of any of the perfumes in the box. This way, the person you gift it to can not only play around with new scents, but then she can get the full sized version of her favorite one (and often, the full sized bottle alone costs more than if you get it through this set, so it's twice the deal!). There is also a mens version, if you a guy in your life needs a new scent.
14. L'occitane hand cream: a luxe stocking stuffer perfect for the dry months ahead
15. 15 Sampler pack + certificate
16. Beauty blender + cleaner: another great stocker stuffer
17. YSL lipstick: get her something she may not buy herself (my favorite perfect nude color is nude lavalliere)
18. Living Proof dry shampoo + shampoo/conditioner
19. Anastasia Glow kit: with six highlighters to choose from, this will work an any skin tone