|a few snapshots from our weekend|
- Kecia is killing it in this work appropriate outfit. Definitely need to get a few pointers from her for getting back in the workwear game!
- Although I've been blogging for a while, sometimes (a lot of the time) I feel like I don't know what the "new thing" in blogging is. Alicia talks about why she joined an Instagram pod, and also why she left it.
- Love this casual look on Kimberly - gotta enjoy that warm weather when we have it!
- You know what trend I can jump right on? Metallic sneakers. LOVE!
- In another five pounds, these will be my next treat to myself! We do a lot of "runs" at spin class, so it basically counts ;)
- I love the idea of this sweatshirt - wouldn't it look cute with dark skinny jeans and some chucks? I think I'm going to have to make it mine.
ask me anything
- I am a second year medical student and am starting to look for clothes for my third year. What do you think about doing a blog post, or a series of blog posts about different outfits that would be suitable around the hospital? I just cannot seem to find any clothes I like online so this would be very helpful.
- I actually wrote a post about this last year! Here's the original post. My advice is to find a "uniform" where you have pieces you can rotate around, especially on mornings you don't have a lot of time. My personal uniform? Black ankle pants (which used to be from The Limited, but now they are closing down - RIP), looser tops that have a higher neckline (such as this one from NYDJ, an inexpensive version from Amazon, or if you want to go really fancy, Equipment makes beautiful blouses), and comfy flats (I have a cheaper pair of flats from Target that I just put in insole in, or you can get something like this pair of flats from Clark).
- Have you tried any Lush products? What are your thoughts?
- I have tried a few of their bath bombs, which are obviously a lot of fun, but besides that, I haven't actually tried a lot of their products (I'm always a bit overwhelmed when I go in that store!). For those of you who love Lush, I'd love to hear your recommendations!
- I was just hired for my first real job (yay!) and am looking for a work appropriate bag. I love colorful bags. Do you have any suggestions?
- Congratulations! That is definitely exciting, and now is the perfect time to get your first "grown up" bag. I think a fun colorful person can definitely be appropriate for work - I personally carry a bright red bag most days! On the more inexpensive side of things, here's a classic tote from Amazon that comes in several colors. Target also has a great option that comes with a shoulder strap (which I love for when you need to be handsfree!). An option in the mid price range is this tote from REED - it comes in several awesome color variations (my favorite is the red version!). If you want to go a bit pricier, Lodis makes a gorgeous red tote that I'd love to own, and Kate Spade's totes are always some of my favorites (I have one from three years ago that still looks basically brand new).
- on the blog: my at home facial, all laid out!
- on the instagram: airport style = as comfy as possible without wearing pjs
- on the twitter: I assume you're all #WithFran, correct? ;)
- Loft: 50% off everything!
- Ohhhh, I love this ruffled bib blouse! Already in my basket ;)
- Their staple utility blouse now comes in a very Equipment-like pattern. Super cute.
- So glad I waited for a good sale to order this lace top - it's gorgeous (and perfect for warmer days under a white coat (or blazer, obvi).
- Shopbop sale section: nows the time to save big bucks on Sorel boots, classic jeans from J Brand, and cute shoes from Yosi Samra.
- As I mentioned, we are currently in Miami for my youngest sister's 21st birthday. Since we live all over the country, and actually haven't all been together in over three years, this was the perfect excuse to come visit the city where my other sister currently lives! We have done a lot of exploring, eating, and beach laying!
- Last night, I went to my first Cirque de Soleil show. OMG, I was in awe the entire time! I'm pretty sure I never actually closed my mouth. It was the craziest things I have ever seen humans do. Here's a highlights video that basically gives you an idea. Just incredible.
- I fly back tomorrow night, and then leave again on Thursday to go with CR to his last interview, and then we are off to Rochester and Montreal. Neither of us have ever been to Montreal, so if you have any suggestions for places to see, things to do, or food to try, I'd love to hear your suggestions!