|maroon scarves forever|
medicine facts will return when vacation is over in three weeks!
on the internet
- 100% cosign everything Krista says here. Also, I want every single one of those one pieces.
- Every time I'm tempted to get bangs again, I think of rule #1 and realize...better not. But I love them so much on other people!
- You can never go wrong with tan + black like Merritt does in this adorable outfit.
- I'm slowly trying to figure out wedding things (we just booked our photographer!), so now it's time to start thinking about wedding event clothes! We're taking our engagement pictures later this spring, and I'm thinking about a dress similar to this style - it's just so pretty (plus any excuse to wear a white dress!).
- I've really been loving the look of mock neck sweaters on others this winter...and with this sweater on sale for less than $25, I'm excited to try it out on myself!
- It's been years and years since I last bought a winter coat, and with many snowy winters in our future, I'm crushing hard for Cole Haan's winter coat...even though with 25% off, the price is still hard to swallow!
ask me anything
- First semester of my freshman undergrad complete, and all I can say is that I'm extremely disappointed. I'm pre-med, yet I received a 2.69 this semester. I was a 3.7 high school student, and I never saw myself going this low in my first year of college. I took four classes (Biology, U.S History, English, and Precalculus). I got an A in English, B in Precal., and C's in both history and biology. Biology is my major, but I got a C in it. Do you think there's any way I could bounce back, or is medicine just not for me?
- I definitely think there is time to bounce back - in fact, a lot of medical schools say they look at the trend over the years rather than each semester's grades, so in this situation, you can only go up from here and improve your GPA! Now that you have one semester of college under your belt, you kind of know how college and high school differ - you have to have a lot more self motivation to study because there is typically less homework and more exams that count toward your grades. I wouldn't recommend taking a bunch of science and hard math classes at once - you have four years to get all the pre-reqs in, so maybe take one or two science classes next semester, and then take other classes that interest you (that may also fulfill graduation requirements and that may help boost your GPA!). If you are struggling with certain topics, don't be afraid to find a tutor (I had to get one for o-chem - it made a big difference!). Definitely don't let one semester discourage you from pursuing medicine, but realize that you have to work really hard the next couple of semesters so you can have an "upward trend"!
- Are you planning on changing your last name when you get married?
- Yes :)
- I'm going on vacation to Bermuda next month, and am looking for cute coverups. Any suggestions?
- This comes at a perfect time, as I'm going on a quick trip to Miami next week that includes a lot of beach time! I always love the look of a button up as a cover up, like the one from Tommy Bahama. My dream cover up is from Tory Burch, but at > $300, I think that's very much out of the picture! Luckily, J.Crew Factory has a similar style for a lot more reasonable price! Other inexpensive options are readily available on Amazon - this one is similar in style to the TB one, this one has a really cute floral lace pattern, and then there's always the option of going with a simple cut that you can get in a bunch of colors.
- Banana Republic: 40% off full priced items + 50% off sale items
- I am dying to get my hands on this amazing shirt dress. The red is definitely a bold choice, but I just have a feeling it would be so freaking cute.
- Everyone always looks so chic in those longer vests, so maybe it's time I finally try it out too. Kind of impractical for days I have to wear a white coat, but I love it otherwise!
- The Ryan fit pants look like a possible contender for a replacement for my beloved Limited pants (RIP).
- Madewell: bag and shoe sale!!
- The classic transport tote redesigned as a crossbody - perfect!
- My own transport tote is near the end of its life (we've had a good five years!) that I'm very much considering her broader and wider sister - she'd be perfect for lugging all my stuff around next year!
- One of these days I will actually try out their bootie, and (probably) realize it's exactly what I've been looking for all these years.
- Victoria's Secret Semi-Annual Sale
- on the blog: recent empties, and which ones are going to be repurchased
- on the instagram: last time wearing the suit!
- on the twitter: tapping is definitely a pet peeve!!
- This week was such a good one. I had my last interview (yay!), and then spent a few days exploring Chicago with my sister. We stayed at the Silversmith Hotel in the Loop, so we did a lot of exploring in that area. We went to the Art Institute for one morning, had our fill of German dinner and brunches, and got in a ton of steps that day. I just love Chicago - having lived in Madison for seven years, I've been there a ton of times, but always explore a new area, so I'm happy I got a bit more time in the Loop than I had in the past. I also got to take two Soul Cycle classes (one with Hallie, which was amazing because she's amazing), and got pizza and drinks with Liz, so overall, it was such a fun trip!
- Looking ahead for the week, I have a few spin classes scheduled, will hopefully being doing a second look at a program, and then I'm leaving for Miami on Friday! I'm definitely excited to get a bit of sun and spend time with my family - the six of us haven't all been together since 2013!
- I know I promised a Day in the Life post last week, but then I kind of fell behind on blogging...so fingers crossed I can get it together this week! It'll probably be the last one in the medical school series!