I can't believe we are at week 10! I really have to thank all of you for sticking with me through this, sending encouragement, sharing your favorite recipes, and motivating me to keep going. I feel really great about the progress I'm making, both weight wise and how I physically feel. While the scale this week doesn't reflect progress, I feel slimmer, my clothes are fitting better, and I can tell I'm able to push harder in my work outs.
- Sunday: 100 flights + weights (I accidently missed my scheduled spin class so I was less than motivated at the gym, but I'm glad I went. I was pretty sore for a few days after!
- Monday: 1 hour spin class
- Wednesday: 1 hour spin class
- Thursday: 45 minute spin class
- Saturday: 1 hour spin class
As a side note, I just discovered that my gym offers classes run by the trainers there, so I'm excited to add more weight lifting time to my work out routine in the near future. I am also finally signing up for a kickboxing class, so as much as I really love my spin class, I think it'll be really good to add some variation (and weight) to my current routine!
I try to live by the 90/10 rule of eating, but I feel this week I was more 80/20. My attending took me out for sushi on my last day, I had some amazing tater tots when we went to trivia, and had a few more pieces of chocolate than was probably necessary. Not a big deal, but just an observation and maybe an explanation why the scale didn't really change this week. I did have some great meals this week though. Breakfasts were mushroom and scrambled eggs with turkey bacon (my current favorite!). For snacks I had egg muffins (recipe here), habanero bbq almonds, and grapes. CR and I went out to lunch on Tuesday at a local vegan restuarant - I had the pho, which was okay but probably not something I'll have there again. For my other lunches I made bang bang chicken and fried cauliflower rice with vegetables - it was so freaking good! Dinners included bunless burgers with a fried egg and sweet potato fries, chicken sausage with vegetables, and left overs.
Last week's goals:
- Make these mini egg frittata muffins for snacks: done!
- Hit 20 works outs in February (I did 17 in January and want to beat it!): While I beat January, I did 18 work outs in February. Close! Definitely shooting for 20 in March though.
- Don't step on the scale until Friday: done!
Next week's goals:
- Walk 5 miles a day for 4 days (I'm going to Gulf Shores to visit my mom and sister)
- Choose healthier alternatives while traveling
- Do 20 push ups a day
I have been doing so much laundry because I really only have 2 sports bras I like and a few tops and pants. This week I ordered two of these sports bras, a pair of high waisted cropped leggings, and my new favorite work out top. I get so excited to put them on...plus it's nice to step outside my all black work out clothes comfort zone. Reviews of all three coming up this week! I think in five pounds my next treat are going to be a few pairs of pants from Gap - I want to try these tri colored ones (yes, they are black but there's grey and white so it doesn't count!) and these amazing cutout leggings.
weigh in: -0.0 lbs (total: 9.0 lbs)
Some weeks you lose more than others. Like I said, while the scale didn't move, I'm feeling really good about the progress I'm making. I'll be away from a scale for two weeks, so we will see where we stand in two weeks!