But then I started seeing more and more bloggers that I really trust talking about it, and going through the process. It was specifically Dani's recent post about her experience with microblading that made me think, hmmm, maybe this wouldn't be such a bad idea! I spend a bit of time every morning drawing in my eyebrows with an Anastasia pencil (see the before and after above). My eyebrows are a bit crooked (my right eyebrow is higher than the left one) so I am constantly trying to make them even. Since I have blond hair, I also need a bit of color to them so you can actually see them.
Here are my thoughts of the pros and cons of actually paying someone to tattoo eyebrows on your face:
- Less time every morning coloring them in. This is really the biggest reason I'm interested in this, and something I could be really thankful for on the really early mornings I'm going to have next year. It would cut 2-3 minutes out of my morning routine, which is a lot of time when you're up at 4 AM.
- I'll always have even eyebrows, since they can fix the small angle discrepancy.
- My eyebrows will always be on fleek (....cringe. but seriously, my eyebrows would always *hopefully* look good).
- They aren't completely permanent, which is either a good or a bad thing.
- I don't know anyone in the area I live who has done this, so I'd be basing it all on internet reviews. What if they aren't good? What if they don't know what they are doing?
- What if I don't like the results? So many things could go wrong - they could go too dark, it could be even more uneven, it could look really fake.
- How long will it last on me? Will I really have to get touch ups every year? What if it's bad, how long does it take to go away?
- Is it worth the cost to do it? It looks like places near where I live charge $250-$350, so it's not like the world's biggest expense, but it's still....an expense.
- How horrible will it look during the downtime between getting them done and them looking good?
Anyway, I wanted to hear about if any of you have experience with microblading! We talked a bit about it on twitter, but would love to hear if you've debated getting your eyebrows microbladed, or if you have and love or hate it!