|snapshots from this week (ps. my shorts are from rag & bone!)|
on the internet
- How precious does Priya look in this pineapple outfit?! I can never pull off casual cool on vacations.
- When is the best time to have a baby? Dani explores her own feelings, thoughts, and journey through this question. It was open, honest, and thought provoking - a definite must read!
- Can you love talking about shoes, skin care, and politics on the same blog? Grace dives in deeper, and I'm 100% in agreement with everything she says. It's been one of my goals to be more informed this year, and hearing other women's takes on current events, is another part of that. Keep up the great work, Grace!
- I have always wanted a straw tote, but never found the one...until now. I love that this version from Macy's is able to be zipped up and has a bit more shape without looking like a work bag. I think we found a winner!
- I think I've found my graduation dress! This dress was MADE for me, omg. Black with white polka dots?! Ordering now...at 40% off! (ps. just found a coupon code "INBLOOM" to receive an extra 20% off if you spend over $100!).
- This is the year I actually will buy a pair of espadrilles, and what better way to jump into that shoe trend than with this adorable lace pair?! They would go with everything.
- A post all about dating while in medical school - one of the google searches that brings the most people to my blog!
- Back when I studied at an undergrad library every day...I miss that place!
- Hahahahahahha I love this outfit. This is so 2012, it kills me.
ask me anything
- I'm looking for some cute dresses for attending a few summer weddings. They won't be overly dressy, but I want something simple that I can recycle for most of the weddings and add jewelry shoes to switch it up. I'm pretty busty with a small waist, so I probably need a v neck or something similar. I look better in dark colors and am thinking something jewel-toned. Any suggestions?!
- I have lots of suggestions! What you described is basically my go-to for weddings - v neck in jewel tones that goes in at the waist! I find Banana Republic to always have great options - this cute dress with full short sleeves (no cap sleeves!) comes in a pretty royal blue and black. In the sale section I also found a very simple v-neck dress that is the perfect background for different accessories. At Nordstrom (one of my go-tos since they offer free returns), there is a really simple scalloped dress that I just think is so fun and cute. Eliza J always makes gorgeous dresses, and between the lace and the fit of this dress, you could wear that to a ton of weddings! I don't know what your size is, but if you fit in the extended sizes, City Chic has a stunner of a lace dress that is totally on trend with the longer lace hem. Amazon has an inexpensive classic skater skirt dress that comes in a really pretty maroon color that is definitely something you can wear a bunch of different necklaces and belts with. I also looked on Rent the Runway in case you wanted to rent, and found this emerald petal dress that looks super flattering on the previous renters!
- Do you think that it's okay if medical students in upper years buy and wear scrub hats for the OR? Did you do this? I'm worried I'll look like a poser and should wait until residency to buy them, but I hate the disposable caps!
- Oh man, I hate those stupid disposable bouffant caps too - I think I look like a giant mushroom cap every time I wear them. Unfortunately, it's one of those unwritten rules that you don't wear a cloth scrub cap until you're a resident. Until then, you're basically a guest in the OR. It seems like a really silly unwritten rule for sure, and it's one of the things I'm very excited about getting past in a few months. I just really want a leopard print scrub cap, ya know? ;)
- First, a confession: I used to really like floral-patterned things until a college boyfriend said they were too girly/cutesy and then honestly I quit wearing/buying them (and what's more embarrassing, we've been broken up for almost five years now and what he said still affects me!). I've realized that I want to start wearing flowered patterns again and am looking for blouses/skirts/dresses with an (ideally large-ish) floral pattern and longer sleeve/hemline. Ideally this would be also something I could wear to work. Do you have any ideas for me?
- First of all, I am so proud and excited for you that you are no longer listening to something someone said to you years ago - that's huge! I completely understand where you are coming from though. There are so many great floral items out there right now (florals? for spring? groundbreaking...) but really, I love floral prints! Okay, so for tops, I have a few options! The first one is from Loft and is very subtle floral...because they are in the back! Topshop also makes a really flattering wrap blouse (us normal people should probably wear a camisole underneath though) - this is the grown up way to do floral! As for skirts, Loft has a great black and white option that is obviously floral, but so versatile because of the colors. And if you want to get real fancy, Ann Taylor has a gilded floral skirt that's adorable. And if you are ever feeling really spendy, Equipment makes a beautiful floral blouse.
- on the blog: designer dupes...all at Target!
- on the instagram: my pretties! (this is the bronzer/highlight duo you've heard about all over the internet!)
- on the twitter: I need answers, clothing retailers!
- Banana Republic: 50% off 5 full priced items
- I mentioned this white dress on instastories yesterday, but what do you guys think about it as an engagement pictures dress? I really want to wear a white dress, and am being so indecisive! I think that one is so pretty and probably flattering.
- If I were a heels type of girl, I'd wear their mary-jane pumps all the freaking time. They are gorgeous (and supposedly comfortable enough to wear for 12 hours?)
- A tiered eyelet one shoulder shirt sounds like such a fun piece for spring. Pair it with white jeans and cognac accessories!
- Shopbop finds: loooooots of cashmere on sale (which is great, because it looks like winter is back!), Amber Sceats (my new favorite jewelry designer) also has a ton of cute items at a reduced price, and Michael Kors watches are now at a pretty steep discount!
- My youngest sister and I had such a nice time visiting my mom down in Gulf Shores this past week. We used to rent a house down in GS every spring break for years, and a few years my parents purchased their own. It's basically our second home, so it was so so nice and relaxing to be down there. We went on lots of walks, found heaps of shells, and had fun just puzzling and reading and watching Gilmore Girls. Take me back!
- My mom and I are going to NYC at the end of April to do a bit of wedding dress shopping (!) and we finally booked out AirBnB this week. We'll be staying in Soho and I'm so excited! Keep an eye out for a Wedding Wednesday post.
- Tomorrow's the day! Wish me luck...I am so nervous!