|gulf shores through the years|
on the internet
- 8 mistakes you may be making while taking blog pictures.
- Audrey shares sixteen outfits with white jeans, and tips on how to buy and wear them.
- For all you pregnant or soon to be pregnant ladies: maternity basics on a budget (Grace is an expert - she's pregnant with her sixth child!)
- This type of top is my absolute favorite to wear because it requires so little styling. The style runs pretty boxy, so I think I'm going to order it in a tall medium for some length.
- I wear my cognac loafers all the freaking time, so maybe it's time I add a second pair in a different color. Sam Edelman makes a great pair - do we like silver or hot pink better?
- I'm all about one piece swimsuits, and I'm constantly looking for cute options. Aerie actually has a really adorable version with a lace back. How fun is that?!
- When I saw your amount of debt this week it made me sigh in relief because I'm not the only one! I'm still a third year medical student and just thinking about repaying my loans stresses me out...what is your plan for repayment? Will you defer them until after residency? Is it actually practical to try to make it to ten years when they will just be forgiven, or are you trying to pay them off before that?
- You definitely aren't alone - most of us in school are several hundreds of thousands of dollars in debt. Don't stress yourself out too much at this point because there's nothing you can do about it right now, especially with all of the costs with the upcoming application season. My plan is to do the income-based loan repayments while I'm in residency. We are planning on staying in the area where we are doing our residency for 2-3 years past residency, and continuing to "live like residents", just with an attending's salary, so we can pay off as much as we can in the shortest amount of time. I'm not going to rely too much on the 10 year loan forgiveness plan just because who knows if that's actually going to be around in ten years? So that's our current plan...of course plans always change!
- So I was considering buying some Jack Rogers sandals and I was wondering what you think of yours? Do you think they are worth the price? Do they last a long time? Are they versatile?
- I love my Jack Rogers sandals. I've never seen anyone actually wear the style I have, and I get compliments all of the time. If you are looking for a simple flat that goes with everything, I highly recommend them - I wear mine all spring and summer! If you are looking for shoes you can walk ten miles in, these probably aren't it just because there's not a ton of support in the shoe.
- I'm looking for an everyday cross body bag, preferably under $100. Any suggestions?
- Yes! Crossbody bags are my favorite kind of bag. If you are looking for a super sleek, literally goes with everything in your closet, bag, BP makes a simple faux leather bag - black is obviously the most versatile, but I love the blush version too. A real cute option is also this fold over bag from LC Lauren Conrad - all three colors are great. My last suggestion is a streamlined bag from Cesca - I love that clean lines and that you can remove the straps if you want an oversized clutch.
- Have you guys tried any new recipes lately? I'm getting a big lazy with cooking, and need to try something new!
- We have booked our engagement shoot for May 13th...so now I actually finally need to figure out what we're going to wear. For those of you who have done this, how did you figure it out? I assume I'll figure out what I'm wearing, and then just plan CR's clothes around that? This should not be that difficult...
- Thank you so much for all of your helpful comments and emails about house hunting. We looked at eight houses on Tuesday, and are going back for a full day this coming Tuesday as well. We do really like one house, so we will see what happens!